Saturday, September 10, 2011

Almost Autumn

Ah! I can feel it in the air today.  The high was low 80s, no humidity, and the way the sunlight falls is changing. I feel autumn close by.  Still another few weeks of warmer weather but the colors will start to show soon and the days are already shorter.  My daughter and I celebrated the season yesterday as we went to our favorite place to stroll and shop and let the babies enjoy the fountains, sidewalks, and cookies at a bakery where we sat outside.
Big girl Maddie (and Landon's feet...ha)

September is a month of birthdays for our family.  Today is my mom's.  We celebrated at their house with Publix fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese (thank you, Vicki..YUM!), veggies, and a special strawberry cake brought from a Birmingham bakery by my sister's family.  My mom celebrated her 70-something birthday by getting her ears pierced! I was amazed! Hooray. Now we know what to get her for Christmas!  She and my dad are just surprising us all the time. Dad just finished and self-published a book with Amazon.com called The Chattahoochee Boys.  It's about his childhood/teen years in the Whittier Mill Village near Atlanta. Very interesting and lots of sweet and funny stories. 

Birthday boy Landon will have his party next week as he turns ONE.  Can't believe that! He's the sweetest, smiling-est baby ever.  He does seem to be showing some strong-willed character but his smile and beautiful blue eyes just disarm me. He'll be a toughie to say NO to...ha!


  At the end of the month we celebrate my son's 27th birthday (WHAT!!!? I'm not old enough to have a 27 year old son!) and my nephew's 5th birthday.  They are both quite handsome! And sweet! And smart!
Rachel and Stephen...suhweet! (I'm proud of them both)

Matthew! (One of Maddie's favorite people)
All this to say, I'm loving the season we're entering. It's really my favorite all year.  I am thankful to God for His many blessings on our family.

Now finally, for someone I love who is facing much discouragement.  Fight the good fight...don't lose your focus...
                                                                             


Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are a fortress for the weak

Let faith arise
Let faith arise

I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever

Be still, there is a river
That flows from Calvary's tree
A fountain for the thirsty
Pure grace that washes over me

So let faith arise
Let faith arise
Open my eyes
Open my eyes

I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God
You are faithful, God, forever 
(Chris Tomlin)





No comments: