Saturday, December 31, 2011

As 2012 begins...

This past year has brought me so much JOY and very little sorrow. I thank the Lord for His blessings, His mercy, and His love. I still struggle much in one area of my life and I will pray again for victory over this problem in 2012. It could be that the Lord will just continue to use it as a "thorn" so that I may be completely humbled and dependent on Him. That I won't think more of myself than I ought. I know He can take it away at any time and also He can discipline me with it. We shall see. Nevertheless, I'll just pray for His will and my obedience.

I love this passage from a book by Sarah Young. The book is Jesus Calling. It is written as if it's Jesus speaking to us:
"As this year draws to a close, receive My Peace. This is still your deepest need, and I, your Prince of Peace, long to pour Myself into your neediness. My abundance and your emptiness are a perfect match. I designed you to have no sufficiency of your own. I create you as a jar of clay, set apart for sacred use. I want you to be filled with My very Being, permeated through and through with Peace. Thank Me for My peaceful Presence, regardless of your feelings. Whisper My Name in loving tenderness. My Peace, which lives continually in your spirit, will gradually work its way through your entire being."

Isaiah 9:6: "For to us a child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." 

Highlights and Memories from 2011:

Atlanta was snowed under for a week in January


Maddie turned 2

I went on a trip with my office peeps to Jekyll


A Beautiful Sunrise in Jekyll

We took Maddie for outings...so much fun!


I love spoiling that girl!

Biggest day of the year for us...our son married lovely Rachel

Landon at the wedding

Beautiful daughter-in-law

Madison was a perfect flower girl!

Stephen waiting on his bride


I think her expression says it all!

Rachel and Erin...sisters now.

Maddie with her "princess"




End of a wonderful day!

Wonderful family trip to Siesta Key

The sunsets are always memorable


Our family loves sunset time on the beach with music

Christmas Community Celebration at our church

Erin was Mary




The boss

 Just some favorites:


Landon at 1 year old

Beautiful

Sweet Maddie


I am so blessed!    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 

No comments: