Thursday, February 13, 2014

February Randomness

Six weeks go by so quickly.  Ordinary days and then sickness hits or work problems or joyous days or insomnia nights.  And no mild winter for us this year.  Two weeks ago was the Snowjam of 2014 or the Snowpocalypse as some call it.  Many people were caught on the expressways in stopped traffic as night came and all the snow iced up.  They were stuck in their cars or abandoned them and walked to whatever shelter they could find. Little children had to spend the night in their classrooms or on school buses. Many of my friends were on the roads for 14 hours, 22 hours, 28 hours before they got home.  I left work at 12:30 and arrived in my neighborhood at 5:30 (normally a 30 minute drive).  I got stuck on a hill and a nice teenager got me down and I had to park on the side of the road and start walking.  A very kind neighbor who I'd never met took me to his house and then got my car unstuck, came back to get me, drive me home, and then walked home after he made sure I was in my house safely.  What a hero to me!  We have some new friends now!

Yesterday we had another ice storm and then a snow storm overnight. This time, however, we were prepared. No school and no work.  This morning I awakened to a beautiful white thick snow laying on the ground and on the trees.  I haven't seen one that beautiful in years.  It melted mostly by this afternoon and now we're headed back to work tomorrow.  So in the last 2 weeks there has been lots of togetherness for families as we've been kept at home by the weather.

Erin is 11 weeks pregnant now.  Feeling pretty sick and already showing the baby bump.  She's always a gorgeous pregnant woman!  This pregnancy, however, is a little different from the other three.  She's sicker for one thing.  But last week she got an infection in her hand called cellulitis. Very dangerous stuff. She drove herself to the ER at 3:30 in the morning and received IV antibiotics and steroids.  It's better now but that was definitely a scare for us all.  We pray that all is well and she has been assured that the baby will be fine even with all that medicine she has had to take.

I have had some challenges at work but good evaluations make it all worthwhile.  I try to remember that I'm doing what I do 'as unto the Lord' and not to give up, get tired, get discouraged.  I fail so many times to remember important details, choir members who are hurting or who need some encouragement or just a friend.  I get so caught up in my daily grind of work that I forget to look up and look around.  

Well, spring will be here soon. I actually saw jonquils in my yard today ready to bloom.  But in the meantime, here are some pics from my beautiful snowy morning!




















A verse that has meant a lot to me the last few days:  2 Samuel 22:20..."He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."  I want Him to delight in me.  So many days He cannot.  But each day is new.  Maybe He'll delight in me today or just give me grace again for the next day. I love Him.

No comments: