Saturday, October 3, 2020

Snatching Defeat Out of Victory


So true, this verse.  If I allow it to be His battle.  There's always a struggle with how much I want to give it up and knowing I should give it up to be obedient.

I have had several weeks of victory.  Then, just when I get comfy, I fall.  This time it was none of my own doing, happened 2 days straight and then was in my dreams last night.  It's quite irritating how satan can use those instances and burden me with a dream that's hard to forget.

If I seriously wanted to forget it, I would ask God to wipe it out of my memory.  I do ask Him.  He can do it now or later but it will eventually be gone.

And He's unbelievably patient with me.  So loving and just puts up with my constant failures and messes.  He is Good.

I love this song, 'Goodness of God'.  This is my life. And when I stop to remember and think and dwell on this right thought, then I can pull that victory back into my days.

I love You, Lord
For Your mercy never failed me
All my days, I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God.

And all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God.

I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God.
    

No comments: