Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Mystery

I'm reading an interesting book called Castles in the Sand. It's about a woman, a pastor's wife, who finally lets herself be genuine, imperfect, and forgiven. There's a line in the book that I really like and which totally explains how I've felt for years. I've never understood why God loved us so much to send His Son to show us how to live and to die for us. But I have to "accept the mystery...that GOD is real and yet unexplainable." Thank goodness. I don't need to understand everything...what a peace that gives me. I'm so uptight sometimes and feel the need to be as perfect as I can be. But it's just not possible. Do I hear another Thank Goodness? Ha. Like Rose in the cartoon Rose is Rose, I just need a let things be tree. Gotta find me one.

No comments: