Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow and Ice Day



Last night at around 6 pm, a weather reporter on TV said, "The kids need to go ahead and do their homework. We're not getting much more than this!" At about 8 pm, I stepped outside the door and sleet and snow were coming down hard. This morning we woke up to quite a frozen world. Very beautiful with the sun on the snow and ice.

We have a police scanner we listen to and the police are having a terrible day. People just won't stay home and there are cars in ditches, crashing into each other, and two policemen just had to jump off a high embankment just to keep from being hit by a car sliding toward them.

It's not even 20 degrees and icy, windy, snowy, and beautiful as long as I'm looking at it from my front door as in the picture above. I sure miss seeing my baby granddaughter today though. As soon as we can we're going to meet up and have some fun. More later!

No comments: