Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hello, again!

Not that I'm a true writer, mind you, but I blame my lack of blogging on writer's block.  I think and think and know what I'd like to write but I hold back my careless words.  I trust that God is in control and He is infinitely patient and heaven knows, I'm not perfect and am being forgiven every day for my own actions.  I'm still stunned by so many things that have happened this summer in my country and our world and the news is still rolling out of more unbelievable acts that were hidden and now coming to light.  I'll just let someone else say what I feel because Ann Voskamp does it well.  She is one of my favorite bloggers.  She put it perfectly in this post the other day from her blog A Holy Experience: http://www.aholyexperience.com/
“The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign Lord, “when I will send a famine through the land— not a famine of food or a thirst for water — but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord.
People will stagger from sea to sea  and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it.”
And it’s like you can hear Martin Luther answer up here where the earth’s been burnt bare and heaven’s reaching down: “A man’s word is a little sound that flies into the air, and soon vanishes; but the Word of God is greater than heaven and earth, yea, greater than death and hell, for it forms part of the power of God, and endures everlastingly.”
Maybe in a summer that burned down churches, that feels like the church is burning with an inferno of opinions from within,  a summer that feels like the arson of humanity and holy things, maybe that is what extinguishes the flame: In a broken world that may not esteem the Bible, but still esteems Jesusit’s Jesus who says that the Scripture cannot be broken.
His Word cannot be falsified, disqualified, modified or nullified. His Word cannot be distorted or inverted or reinvented or demerited or interpreted away. His Word is beauty, it is wooing, and it will all be accomplished absolutely.
The debate of the day may change, the crisis may change, the screaming headlines of the genuinely horrifying may change — but, in the entire heaving cosmos, this remains unchangeable, unstoppable, undaunted: The Word of God. His Word is absolute and resolute and it will remain until time concludes.
God’s Word is more permanent than any words written in granite — or in headlines or campaign slogans or PR statements or press releases or laws.
Mountain rock is fleetingly temporary compared to the forever permanence of the Rock of His Word.

  Culture cannot shape it and society cannot silence it and scarred people cannot help but be wooed by it, healed by it, held by it.
And the Lover of the letter, He soothes: “The mountains may pass away, but my truth will not pass away, the grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever, and though the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but My steadfast love shall not depart from you.
Amen!
Now, on a definitely lighter note, the days have gone by happily family-wise since I wrote last.  Loving our new little Natalie and going on a family vacation to our favorite spot, Siesta Key.  Some favorite pics:
Lan

Our beautiful 'stair-steps'

As usual, the sunsets did not disappoint! One of the most beautiful ever!

Their expressions say it all. They had a blast!

Youngest and Oldest:  10 months and 81 years

Our complete little family...we were so happy that Stephen and Rachel traveled 2000 miles to be with us.

Love this one: Our favorite time of the day.

 I told my mom that they started this mob! 2 to 22!

Can you tell this little Maddie is accustomed to the camera!

Trish, Mom, Me...selfie! ha!!

Erin and Natalie!  I just didn't want to come home this time. Great week!


3 comments:

Helen said...

As always, I enjoy reading your blog. Beautiful words Bambi, thank you for sharing. Great pictures of your precious family, you are certainly blessed.

Cheryl said...

Beautifully expressed Bambi and amen honey!!!
You have been so richly blessed by God and i just love you and your precious family!!! Thank you for sharing!!! 😘❤️

Cheryl said...

That should be a 😘. Haha