Saturday, April 4, 2020

Catchin' Up Five Years Later


What changes in our lives!!  And this blog now should be called 60 in P-Town!!! :)  Here is a short summary of these past 5 years.  This does not include, of course, all the emotions, high points, low points, daily grind, wonderful holidays, family birthday get-togethers, beautiful seasons, everyday wonders and routines!

  • In 2015, our pastor, Dr. E. retired.  My boss became instrumental in finding a new pastor.
  • 2016, Pastor M. came (April).  
  • July, 2016, I became his assistant and left my music ministry job.
  • May, 2018, I got shingles.  That's a 'highlight'! Ha!  We had to cancel our trip to see Stephen and Rachel in Nevada.  I was out of commission for 2 weeks and then had leftover nerve pain for months.  I still have the nerve pain when I am really stressed.
  • 2019 was a bad year health wise for my husband and some for parents.
  • 2019 was a Siesta Key year.  Wonderful as usual!
  • Now 2020.  Hopeful it would be stellar.  But we have an unprecedented thing happen with this COVID-19 virus that came to us from China.  The world is in quarantine and only just now are some countries coming out of it.  We in the US are at peak or close.  "Shelter in Place" is the new rule.  "Social Distancing" is the new catchphrase.  6 feet away!  People in masks when we shop.  The kids' school year is over.  They won't go back until August.  My little Maddie's 5th grade year with all of its highlights is over.  Natalie won't get to sing "Kindergarten, Here We Come" while her mother cries. 
  • I have also had victory in these days at work with a 'pet' struggle that I've had for years and years.  There have been many changes there and it's helped that there is now one closer than me to my problem person.
  • So today - John is out cycling.  He has taken this sport up in the last few years and is amazing.  Rides 40-60 miles at a time with no problems.  He's in great shape and I'm proud of him.
  • These days are slow.  I don't get in a hurry to do anything because I have all the time in the world.  I'm even cooking some.  I miss the kids so much.  I have been seeing them more than I should but I'll take a break for a week or so.  I want to go see them on Easter.  We won't be having church services (going on 4 weeks now since we've had services).
  • So yes, there are advantages. Not spending much money, relaxing and less stress for me. Not so much for John. He's still having to work 8-5 on the computer and virtually.  I feel badly for those who have lost jobs and that so many businesses will die.  I guess I never really thought about how bustling and busy we are and about all the congregating we do as people and as a community.  I hope we'll never take that for granted again.
  • Now for some pics to catch up:







No comments: