Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stream of Consciousness II

Just a lot of different little things going on this week. Most exciting is the kids naming the baby boy coming in September! His name is Landon Michael Evans. Sounds so nice together. Now I can go from "Sweet Pea" to "Sweet Boy" to "Landon".

This past Sunday night I had my first experience of allowing harm to my granddaughter...turned my head for a millisecond and she fell on concrete and scraped her nose up to where it was bleeding. Ouch! I felt terrible and she did, too! Ha. She's better now but that was traumatizing. I know it's the first of many little accidents. I just don't want them happening under my care.

On Monday we got word that a dear co-worker's daughter-in-law had died of cancer. She left behind teenage children after a year-long fight with the cancer. According to her mother-in-law, she was the heart of the extended family also. I've been praying for them so much this week. I just can't imagine.

On Tuesday I talked to my son on the phone. He's going through some trials I think with finding the right job. He has a fine work ethic and has never had problems finding a job. He has one he likes right now but just needs a little more dinero. I continue to pray for him and hope to see him on Mother's Day.

My folks are adjusting to their new home and just turned off the old phone number...that was somewhat hard for me. Been dialing that number for 36 years. Just a strange feeling.

I've been faithful on the treadmill this week. Now I'm up to 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Hope to see some improvement soon. I'm also pretty well into my online course on childhood language development and am enjoying it. Having to take that to keep up my teacher certification. Of course, if I ever wanted to go back I wouldn't be hired! No vacancies and too many cuts. Who would have ever thought that this would happen.

My problem in the previous post has improved somewhat. I'm having to discipline myself (or rather depend on the Lord for His convicting prods). Hopeful to have victory over this soon.

Loving this beautiful spring weather and this sweet little face that I get to see every week!



No comments: