Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful, busy, and beautiful weekend we've had! I'm so thankful for little things and the big blessings. I spent the day on Good Friday with my sweet granddaughter as her mother was out doing the wedding festivities with her best friend. They had hair appointments, lunch, dress, makeup, pictures, etc. So I got to spend some good, quiet, quality and QUANTITY :) time with the baby. We spent some time outdoors walking around looking at sunshine and flowers.





Then it was off to the wedding. Hubby and I dressed Baby up and went to see her mom be a matron of honor. Mommy was gorgeous and the wedding sweet and so happy a time. The reception was fun and, even though the baby had not had a nap, she had a great time running around on the dance floor. We didn't leave until 11:30 pm and the grandfather and I just crashed at home. We were exhausted. That's why the Lord plans for YOUNG couples to have babies...



On Saturday, we tried to recover and then went on for lunch to........MY PARENTS' NEW HOUSE! I'm still just amazed that my folks, at their ages, have decided to move from the house they have lived in for 35 years. We are so proud for them and proud of them. I jokingly say that most folks in their 70s are looking for assisted living homes not buying another house. The place is gorgeous and fits their personalities perfectly. I can see them being very happy there and the whole family enjoying the beautiful place in special times and ordinary days!

Today, we spent the morning at church in worship of our Lord, the Risen Jesus. Amazing music as the choir sang "Were You There?" and "We Shall Behold Him". The church was packed with 1700 people who sang loudly, joyfully, clapped, and just enjoyed the morning.

Again, I'm so thankful for my life, the blessings God has given me in family, church, health, but most of all, salvation and eternal life. I don't understand it but I receive it gratefully.


No comments: