Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stuff

This week consisted of:

1. Doctor's office calling with the bad cholesterol news. Ha. I knew it was coming...I talked them into letting me diet some and exercise more to get it down on my own in the next 3 months. Then we'll see. I am trying to avoid the medicine. My blood pressure stinks, too. I've been on the treadmill 3 days so far and have good intentions to keep at it.
2. Seeing my son and his girlfriend on Sunday and a nice impromptu family gathering at my parents' new house.
3. My parents DID move this week to their new house. Amazing to think that I won't be going to the house I lived in for 5 years and visited them in for 31 years after I married. Crazy stuff. No more Christmases there, Easter egg hunts, Friday night visits, etc. But I am happy for them as the new house is beautiful and fits them well. We will continue the family traditions in a new setting. I'm up for that!
4. Little granddaughter has been sick all week with tummy troubles. I hate it. Can't stand it when she's sick. She's on the mend now, thank You, Lord.
5. Started a new online course on language development to keep my teacher certification.
6. Struggles in another area of my life. I can't even begin to go into them but let's just describe it with these phrases: confused emotions, conflict, compassion, aggravation, "stuck in the middle with you"...I'm desperate to have some quiet, peaceful off-days and take time to breathe and get things in perspective. I pray I will be willing to let the Lord lead.

So, hallelujah, now for my long weekend of time alone, time spent with family, and some extra sleep.

No comments: