Friday, August 13, 2010

Getting Ready

Fridays are spent with both my girls...the big one and the little one.  The big one is beautiful these days.  Well, she's always been beautiful but right now she's just glowing even though she doesn't feel like it. Almost 36 weeks pregnant and looking great...just a big tummy!  Which is as she should be!  I've been very proud of her this pregnancy. She's stayed healthy and active...has to be chasing the baby around.

 Anyway, she's been having some contractions...probably Braxton-Hicks...and feeling the need to get ready for this sweet baby boy.  We went to our favorite store today, "Babies 'R Us".  It's always very hard NOT to spend much in there.  Crib bumper pads, mattress pad, burp clothes, receiving blankets, changing table pad, baby wipes, and even a sleeper for Maddie went into the buggy! It was fun and made me feel like things are going to really happen fast now.  She's got her hospital bag packed for the most part and but still has plenty to do. She's young though and has plenty of energy!
  
Maddie was the sweetest today.  She loves riding around in the buggy and saying "Hi" to people. She drinks her juice, eats her cookies, hugs on the stuffed animals, and is always fixated on any balls or baby dolls in sight.  I'm sure she's going to consider her baby brother as her own "baba" as she calls her dolls.  We'll have to watch her closely!
 
Work has been extremely busy for me lately.  I don't think I've ever been so busy as I have in the past month.  My boss, who is absolutely the best boss I've ever had (except for my daddy), has been on quite a kick lately of changing things up and adding new music groups, and just a lot of new and different things. Maybe he's going through a mid-life crisis! Now we're getting ready for our "Christmas in August" bash next week. The music is gorgeous as usual and our choir will be quite challenged with the difficulty. But we have 4 months to learn it. I believe this concert will be unforgettable.

No comments: