Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Day in the Life (or Boring Grandmother Stuff)

Maddie at 21 months old

Landon at 3 months
    




Honestly, I realize that there is nothing more boring than a grandmother gushing over her grandchildren...the cutest, most charming ones around, by the way.  I see them a couple of times a week and every time I do I'm amazed at how they've changed, grown, gotten more gorgeous, gotten smarter, and on and on.  If you have grandchildren you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, you might someday and then you'll get it.  Just no describing it until it happens to you personally.

So, on to something else. Just a little bit about my day...not that you're interested.  My next to last day of 2010 has been spent thus:
 Woke up at 7 am as husband left for work.  Ahhh....peace and quiet, no need to get out of bed, lay there and snooze.  Got up and ate my one pancake with peanut butter on it and drank Ovaltine. Yes, Ovaltine. We used to make fun of Ovaltine. I rediscovered it at a baby products fair I went to several years ago with Erin. It's yummy and full of vitamins.  Anyway, off to the shower, devotional, check email and then to the chiropractor. UGH! I really don't like going but I'm in deep need right now of getting my back back into whack.  I have picked Maddie up the wrong way too many times and pushed boxes of hundreds of candles  around the wrong way at work.  That chiropractor has torture devices. Today I got stretched and snapped and punched and contorted in all sorts of ways.  I have one hip that is higher than the other and he is determined to make them equal...HA!  He's a big guy and it is no easy feelin' to have a 200 pound guy "adjusting" your back. I know it'll be worth it one day. When I'll be pain-free and in great health the chiropractic way.  (Really, I have gotten much relief in the past from back problems in this way. I'm all for it...beats existing on pain medicine).

 After that experience, I met up with my family for chicken at Otter's at the Avenue. Great stuff!  And Maddie's favorite restaurant. She can be loud if she likes and she loves their frifry (french fries). I took 3 Motrin with my chicken strips and then enjoyed our meal with my parents and kids.  Maddie looked pitifully at me several times and held her arms out. Do you know how hard that is to resist? I took her in my lap after which she proceeded to try to eat my face.  What is THAT?  She was being quite the charmer...acting like she was going to kiss me and then start to bite me all over my face. Interesting stage we're going into.
We headed out to do some shopping at Barnes and Noble and I picked up a book for myself and then went over to the children's section.  Madison saw DORA!  A beanie baby Dora the Explorer.  She had to have her. Picked her off the shelf and hugged her.  Said "BUY IT?"  Rather she demanded "Buy it!"...no question mark involved.  Buy-it, buy-it, buy-it. That's all we heard as we checked out. Yes, I bought it! :)
We strolled around, looked at the fountains still covered in ice and snow and then Maddie had a meltdown due to no nap.  Off they went home and me to my home.  My quiet, restful home. Ahhhh.  Oh, and by the way, my grandson was charmingly smiling throughout the whole afternoon. He is such a happy baby and growing too quickly.  Wonder what his personality will be like? I'm hoping for laid-back and sweet-natured. He's looking like he'll be a blue-eyed blonde boy at this point.

 So that's that. The rest of the day will be spent watching bowl games and trying to resist the chocolate stuff left over from Christmas.  Unless something comes up this'll be my last post until 2011.

 Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Linda.B said...

The joys of being a grandmother. I get to love on Joe's grandchildren every couple of months. There is one that is almost 4. Everytime he and I play, he head butts me. This last time, he came out on the bad end of the head butting. I have to work on being firm. Joe just says something and he minds Papa but this Gram is a push over!