Monday, January 3, 2011

RESPECT

High or special regard...

The Lord has really spoken this word to me for 2011. I can't get the word nor the concept off my mind. If I am respectful of and show respect to....then a lot of problems are resolved or avoided.

If I show respect to myself then that will include my physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental self. I will try not to abuse my poor body so much :) with eating too much or not getting enough exercise.  I will spend more time studying the Bible and in prayer as a respectful task and attitude for my spiritual health.
I will not put myself in situations emotionally that drain me too often or that cause me to sin. And I will try to read more challenging material for my mind rather than sit and let my eyes glaze over in front of the television.

If I show respect to my boss as I should then I will do my very best work. I'll not need to be reminded of things, I'll be organized and protective of my office and of his time. As a result of staying on top of things, I will be a very happy and productive employee who rarely wakes up in the middle of the night remembering something I'd forgotten to do! HA!

If I show respect to my friends and family then I will give them more time, more prayer, more thoughtfulness. I'll try to keep things together at home and try to meet needs that I often overlook. The Lord has lent to me a wonderful family for this time here on earth. I should not take them for granted.

Phil. 2:3-4 says: Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

There's a lot more in that chapter than those two verses but that's a good start for me in 2011.


No comments: