Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank Heaven for Sunshine and Birthdays

What a week And I know all of my neighbors far and wide agree with me on that. Six inches of snow and then 1/4 inch of ice on top to "cement" it all in.  We didn't move for 2 full days and then on Wednesday we were able to get out at lunchtime and slip-slide away to work. John and I were desperate enough for exercise that we bundled up and walked the neighborhood on Monday and Tuesday in 20 something degree weather. Gorgeous snow but so cold.  Finally yesterday and today was more normal.  The roads still have snow piled up on the edges and in the medians but we are able to get around. I loved being at work and seeing my usual folks and sleeping well on these cold nights. We've had bright sunshine that, when reflected on the ice-covered snow, is beautiful but blinding when we drive.

Today is my birthday.  It's been a very happy one.  Lots of facebook greetings from friends, phone calls from my parents and son, gifts from my husband, daughter, and best friend, and lunch out next week with my boss and co-workers to look forward to.  Had supper tonight with my grandchildren at Jim and Nick's and my son-in-law paid! Brownies from my girl....just on and on.  Here's my favorite picture of the week:
My little "Pebbles"  
  

It's been a memorable week and birthday. I thank the Lord for my 53 "complete" years of  life and, as one friend so appropriately said, the Love that has covered me from the day I was born.


No comments: