Friday, January 28, 2011

My Little Maddie



I'm calling her "Pebbles" sometimes these days. She's so cute and reminds me of the little cartoon Pebbles on the Flintstones. Yes, that tells my age. Mimi is 53 now.  Yes, "Mimi"...Grandmommy has morphed into Mimi now...just a lot easier to say, I suppose.  Fine with me...just glad she calls me something.

This child has such a sweet nature.  Not to say that she doesn't have her moments.  She can be strong-willed. BUT she is generally obedient and quick to hug, kiss, play, sing, run, help with her brother, and just be happy. Madison is JOY!

She never quits talking these days (somewhat like her father in that way, ha).  She's a very petite little thing and loves veggies...her favorite seems to be broccoli.  You offer this kid macaroni and cheese and broccoli and she takes the broccoli.  She is an apple juice junkie (as her mom tells it) and also loves my sweet or unsweet tea.

She follows us everywhere, even into the bathroom (moms and gmoms never get any privacy).  For some reason the bathroom entices her to want to climb walls. That's the only room I've ever seen her do this in. She puts her foot on the wall and says to me, "kime wall?"  I just laugh and say for the hundredth time..."nothing to help you "kime" there girlie."

Maddie loves church nursery and Sunday School and playgrounds and "papa" and Grandmama.  She loves her friend Audrey and puppies and kitties and colors(crayons).  She's a left-handed redhead with beautiful blue-green eyes and long red-blonde eyelashes.  She loves the book Go Dog Go and I recently bought her The Napping House which is one of my favorites.  She has a funny dance she does to any music she hears. Puts her arms out to the sides almost like a chicken...hilarious!

Tons more I could say about this baby girl but I'll just stop here. Except to say that I am proud and happy to call her my granddaughter. That I'm proud of her parents in how they have given her such a great start in life. How they are impressing upon her good behavior and manners and love for God as they take her to church every week.  I can't wait to see what kind of girl, teenager, woman she grows into one day with the Lord as her Guide. I pray I may be a loving influence on her.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Bambi, she is precious and you are already a loving influence on Maddie and Landon! You and John gave their mom a solid foundation that she and Brad can pass on. Love reading you share about being "Mimi"!