Saturday, July 18, 2009

Devotional Thoughts

Today my reading was Luke 7:50. Jesus told a woman, "your faith has saved you, go in peace". This just touched me quickly. I've read this verse many times. But I read some commentary on it by Beth Moore that made me see some things more clearly. My sins have been forgiven, are forgiven today, and will be forgiven tomorrow and every day. My faith has saved me from hell, condemnation, from myself, from a world that has no hope except in Him. I can, because of this gift, go in peace. I can have peace in my daily life knowing that I have a secure eternity with God and my precious family and friends. I have peace available to me in life's small joys, big blessings, hard problems, and little irritations. I just have to remember it's there deep within me just like the joy I have deep within me because of Him. I'm so unconscious sometimes of my blessings, the way the Lord works in me and around me. I pray I may be more aware daily of His presence, love, forgiveness, and peace.

No comments: