Friday, July 3, 2009

Realizations

I find myself struggling more and more with the different personalities around me. I formerly tried to ignore my irritation and blame myself and let it go. More my problem than theirs. But, lately, I have no patience and it's quite amazing the thoughts and reactions I have that I try to keep private and out of my facial expressions. Really sometimes comical. But I read today in my devotional time about the fact that God really values more my heart and my thoughts than He does my actions. I can sit and be outwardly sweet and "Christian" in my reactions to people but He knows my heart, soul, and mind. Hmm.
Another thing...I have had a problem with pride...I don't do this or that questionable or unchristian thing and try my best to keep my life clean but I also DON'T do the things that I should..like have a compassionate heart and jumping quickly to serve others.
Yeah, today's devotional took care of some of my pride.

No comments: