Monday, July 13, 2009

Siesta Key

When I see the words SIESTA KEY many memories come to mind. Our family started out going there when I was 18, my brother 15, and my sister, 2. Our grandmother also came. That was back in 1976, right after I graduated from high school. We have come every other year since then, even going when we were on the mission field in Guatemala. We may have missed a few through the years, but not many. When I think of this place I think of beautiful sunsets first of all. The whole family gathered together walking and watching. We are now up to 17 people with spouses, grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. I think of going into town and shopping and getting ice cream at Big Olaf's. Many years we drove to St. Armand's Key and shopped and even went to Marina Jack's for special meals like Erin's birthday one year. I think of wiping out in the waves whenever a storm has passed or just floating on the ocean when it was like a lake. We were there a few years ago after a hurricane had passed and the wind was wild. It's amazing that I was there last week with my granddaughter. So much time has passed. So many blessings. I thank the Lord that we are all still here. I cherish the time I have with my folks.

No comments: