Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lots of Reasons for Prayer


Just lately in my life I'm feeling the pressure of many changes and some interesting situations. Little granddaughter is growing so fast, walking, so loving and charming. Then there's her mommy who is my much-loved daughter now pregnant again and, though she's feeling well, I still pray for her safety, health and that this littlest one will develop and grow and be born healthy.

My son is praying intently for God's will for his future. I pray for wisdom for him and that he will see clearly and find God's best for him. I feel that there will be some decisions for him to make in the next few months.

I have friends who are in challenging circumstances within their families and are struggling to take things a day at a time and to leave their burdens with the Lord. I'm also stuck in the middle of a sticky situation that is not of my making but is causing some real tension in my life as I try not to get involved but yet try to maintain the peace.

Add all this to some physical stuff I'm experiencing and you get the picture. Hey! My whole body shape is changing with shifting weight! Where my clothes were tight, now they're loose. And vice versa! Haha. AH...it's great being 52.

All this to say that I am following the Bible command to "pray unceasingly". I'm so thankful I have the Lord to listen to me and give me comfort and wisdom.


No comments: