Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowy Valentine's Weekend






Such gorgeous days yesterday and today. And, no, not the usual meaning of gorgeous weather. Instead of sunny, breezy, and blue skies, we had snowy, dark gray skies, 30 degrees, and 4 inches of snow. In the South, that is amazing. We had a wonderful time.

Yesterday, I had my usual visit with my baby granddaughter. I went early in case the snow messed up our plans. There's always the possibility that it will cause road problems and it did. We went to Walmart in the morning and got the pretty girl a big, stuffed Valentine bear. Later on, after nap time, when the snow was coming down pretty heavily, we got her outside in the snow. She was loving it and her little cheeks were pink in the cold. She's not wanting to eat these days (except her daily grilled cheese) so we pushed her high chair up to the glass door and managed to get some food down her while she was distracted looking at the snow.
Hubby and I started home around 3 and the roads were already getting bad. The snow continued until around midnight and we woke up this morning to a beautiful sight with the sun on the snow. Cars were slowly going by sounding like they were on gravel roads. The snow is melting now and I hope the roads will dry out today and clear so we can go to church in the morning for Valentine's Day. I'll get to wish my son-in-law a "Happy Birthday" also!

On another subject, in a previous post I mentioned a problem that I was in the middle of that wasn't of my making. I had specifically asked the Lord for an opening to talk about it with the person involved and He provided that opening not even 2 hours later. All went well, though I was extremely nervous, and the situation has improved greatly. Just wanted to say publicly, Thank You, Jesus. Why are we always surprised when God answers our prayers? "My God is a big God" as our K'ekchi' friends say.

No comments: