Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

the continuous unedited chronological flow of conscious experience through the mind

With no intended direction, my thoughts today...Beautiful sunny day, thank You, Lord. I'm about sick of this rain and cold. Could we not have an early spring? I'm so ready for green trees and flowers and warm spring breezes and playing with the baby outside and strolling through the Avenue.

Such beautiful music in church today. After we got to church, that is. Poor daughter got stranded with a dead battery at home and we went to help her out and missed Sunday School. Well, I can handle missing S.S. but not worship. And you just have to help your pregnant daughter and her 10 month old baby. And that girl was not happy about missing "Breakfast Sunday"...haha...don't mess with a pregnant woman's breakfast. Anyway, the music was wonderful as we sang "Mighty to Save" and "How Marvelous, How Wonderful" with 90-something choir members and the church looked pretty packed. Then the choir sang "Holy is He" and that was amazing. My minister of music aka my boss was on his game today...I wonder if he's happy with me these days. I keep making mistakes and you know I have that foggy thinking problem that women my age have. Ooops. Who knows, I could be catapulted into a new job at any time...just like last time when my principal didn't like the way I taught my ESOL class even though I was going to class to learn how to teach ESOL and that's how they taught me to teach it and so I decided I needed to find another career because I'd about had it with administration and paperwork and meetings and not getting to spend time teaching when they constantly called me out of my room to translate for the Spanish-speaking parents. Ugh. So here I am, almost 5 years later and I'm happy in my ministry assistant job. For now. But, heck, that's the mentality of my 52-year-old self and could lead to trouble if I don't stop running my mouth.

So here I am, at home, waiting for the Super Bowl to start so I can watch some commercials. I'd like New Orleans to win because I lived in New Orleans for 3 years back in the mid-80s when the Saints' fans wore paper sacks over their heads at the games. Ha! Of course if they don't win, it'll be Bush's fault, right? Alrighty I'm not getting started on the politics stuff. My husband takes care of that end.

Sitting by the fire on a cold, sunny day. Looking forward to the week. Thanks for listening.

No comments: