Saturday, March 27, 2010

Palm Sunday Weekend

Today was a very pretty, breezy, early spring day. The plants are 3 weeks behind this spring, so the weather folks say. It's been so cold and rainy and snowy this winter. But today there were Bradford pear trees in full bloom, cherry trees beginning to blossom, plenty of yellow jonquils, and, of course, Easter eggs! We gathered with all the family at my parents' house and hid a few eggs for the three littlest grandchildren and the teensy-tiny great-granddaughter. She practically tip-toed around on the grass as she held one egg in her hand. That's all she wanted. She was just observing everyone else. She has a thing about grass...she's timid walking on it. Funny to watch! Her pretty red hair shone in the sunlight and we all sat around out in the little park at my folks' house and watched the kids and enjoyed the sunshine. There were some sentimental feelings there for reasons I'll share later. But mostly just enjoyment at being together again a year later at Easter.
My girl is feeling the newest baby flutter around today and that is just perfectly symbolic of spring and new life. I could get really sentimental and silly so I'll stop there. I'm thankful. I've not been the person I should be lately but God shows grace and blesses anyway.

No comments: