Friday, July 23, 2010

My Shepherd


From my devotional study today:

"I am a woman who walks with the Lord.
I do not stumble about or live in confusion.
My steps are guided by the One who goes
before me and prepares the way.
He leads me gently like a shepherd leads his sheep.
He does not drive like a herdsman drives cattle.
 He sets the perfect pace for me.
 He knows when it is time to move ahead 
 and when it is time to rest.
 He walks beside me to help me,
encourage me, and support me.
 I do not lag behind or try to get ahead of Him.
 As He leads me, He straightens the crooked places and
 makes the rough places smooth.
 As He walks with me, He talks with me 
 and guides me by His Word.
 I love to begin each day by committing it to Him,
 knowing that He will lead me in the paths of peace
 and direct my steps in what is good and right.
 Because I walk with Him, I do not live my life
with regrets."


The Good Shepherd is my favorite way to think of Jesus and how He relates to us.  



No comments: