Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ohhhh.....FALL!

It is officially still summer according to the calendar but today feels wonderfully like fall. Just a few more weeks and this beautiful, cool, lovely weather will be the norm.  Everything is still green and summery but you can feel the change coming in the breeze.  You can also see the change coming if you just turn on the TV and see all the football games.  This is my favorite season and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. The air just makes you feel good to be alive and anticipating the next few months of scarlet and orange and yellow color, pumpkins (I love pumpkins!), holidays, family, new beginnings!  I've always felt like fall was more the Happy New Year than January 1st.  I was one of those kids who loved school. Wish I still did...maybe I'd go back for my masters degree!

I changed the decorative stuff on my porch today, put on the autumn-designed bedspread, swept the back deck of the dead leaves...lots of good that will do in a few weeks. It'll be covered again! I've changed out a lot of my spring/summer clothes in the closets for the lighter-weight long-sleeved stuff. Yes, I know we'll be hitting 90 again next week but whatever. The AC will still be running and we'll be freezing at the office and at church and in restaurants.

I'm sitting by the phone, sleeping with my cell phone, etc, waiting to hear that baby grandson is on the way. I've helped my girl get ready somewhat for the new baby. Now we just sit and wait and get excited over every twinge of pain, contraction, etc.  Still another week to go and he seems content to stay put inside his mommy.

Yesterday I took some long overdue pictures of my granddaughter. I've neglected that lately and I know good and well that the camera will be reserved for the baby boy soon. So here are a few highlights:  









No comments: