Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Color Essay (homework for my certification class)

I am blue...varied in creation...both nature and human.

I am the sunny blue of an April sky with the lime-green leaves pasted up against me.  In July, I am the gauzy, almost white searing blue of Georgia heat. I am an obscured blue-gray as the thunderstorms blow through before I politely give way to the pink and amber of sunset.  I am the October blue sky that sharpens and glows against the reds and oranges of the leaves that bring such delight to the "peepers" in the Smoky Mountains.  I am the steely-silver blue sky of January reflected in the ice and snow and sometimes a mellow shade when the weather teases with a preview of spring.

I am the clear beautiful blue of baby Landon's adoring eyes as he looks at my daughter, his mother.  And the green-rimmed sea blue of two year old Madison's mischievous stare as she contemplates her next stunt.  And finally, I am the very pale aged blue of Madison's great-grandfather's eyes as he watches her and laughs.  No time to be blue in her presence.


No comments: