Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hello, Mr. Roly-Poly!

I count among my many blessings the distractions that my grandchildren provide after a very hard, busy week at work.  Madison and I went on the hunt for roly-poly bugs yesterday.  She is quite fascinated with them after I found one a week ago and showed her how they roll up.  Yesterday, she found one under a tree as we looked through the dirt and grass.  She said "Hello, Mr. Roly-Poly!" and was ready to make a pet of the poor thing.  We put it in a dish with grass and dirt so she could study it.  I'm afraid she worried it to death literally.  It was moving slowly last time I saw it.
Maddie says "cheese" as she poses with her "pet".
Mr. Roly-Poly is up by the flower.
Such fun to spend time with a 2 year old...puts things in perspective!

"Hi, Mr. Roly-Poly...no sleep...you play!"

"Me hold him...no...Ganmommy hold him"....she was a bit timid...


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

This is absolutely precious Bambi! I love the picture of you two sitting on the porch. It does put life in prospective, doesn't it! I love these and I love you sharing your heart! You have quite a way with words..so very sweet! Love you and your sweet family!!
Cheryl