Thursday, April 14, 2011

Huey, Dewey, & Louie

Huey, Dewey, and Louie
I think it's about time I write about my "partners in crime".  These two ladies pictured with me are two of the several reasons that I LOVE my job!  We are seriously like family.  We love to hang out, we get on each others' nerves, we protect each other, and we laugh most of each day. (When we're not working diligently, of course!) Our boss nicknamed us Huey, Dewey, and Louie a long time ago.  I don't know why...those are some cartoon ducks I think.

On the left is Cheryl.  The red lipstick, the hair (no further words needed), the smiles and laughter and love she brings to others. That's Cheryl.  She's also a riot!  The woman can take a normal, routine event or story and turn it into a stand-up comedy act.  She is also excellent at her job and tends to be OCD on the details. But that's what makes her good!  She and Leigh run the TV (cds & dvds) ministry mailouts.  She's such a soft touch that, occasionally, when little old men or sweet little ladies say that they really can't afford that DVD but, Oh how they loved the message by our pastor, and OH how they know someone who needs that message, then somehow or another that DVD gets to those sweet little 'ol folks. (Yeah, she pays for it herself).  Besides working hard, Cheryl is also known for being able to fall asleep anywhere, anytime.  I have actually seen her fall asleep standing up!

Leigh (on the right) has beautiful eyes and with those eyes are amazing ears for details. She knows everyone who ever belonged to our church, their family history, their extended family. She remembers events, small and large, and the details of those.  She is the one we depend on for overseeing the decorating of the Worship Center for all seasonal events. Leigh knows when things look exactly right or when the smallest little tweak needs to be made in a Christmas bow, a banner, a Christmas tree, 4th of July bunting, etc.  She is devoted to her family and to her church.  She and her husband can be depended on to do anything that's needed for sick members or bereaved families even with their own busy schedules with their children. They are a very caring family.  She has quite the wit and can tell some hilarious stories. The funniest things always seem to happen to her and her family. They also have had a crazy succession of dogs named after UGA football players.

Cheryl and Leigh keep me entertained as I sit at my desk.  I'm not a jumpy person but those two can scream with the best when our co-workers come up behind them quietly in the dark halls of our basement offices. I've seen piles of music fly up in the air as they were startled by certain folk in our office (who shall remain nameless here).  Our fellowship is sweet within the whole music team.  What one lacks the other has as a strength and vice versa.  We complement each other well in our talents, gifts, and personalities and we appreciate our boss who knows how to allow us to do just that!

This is a job that I feel so blessed to have. My absolute favorite.   I don't dread Monday mornings...I look forward to a new week, EVERY week.  We are privileged to be able to work for the wonderful people in our choir, orchestra, and congregation and with our gifted pastor and minister of music. It is very cool to be able to see how the worship services come about from behind the scenes not to mention the big Christmas presentations, Good Friday and Easter worship services and annual patriotic celebrations.

I love my job!  Bless you, girls!
Fun at staff meeting? YES! Staff meeting!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Bambi you are absolutely precious! I think we are the ones that are blessed! You are amazing at what you do and I am so very grateful and blessed to have you in my life! I am so blessed beyond measure, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart! Thank you so much for putting a big smile on my face! I love you very much, and yes, I am just NOW reading this, but I have to say the timing is perfect!!! Cheryl