Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Minus One Plus Another!

It truly was a good day. I truly do feel thankful. I know I am truly blessed! But I truly missed my boy. Well, he's not really a boy anymore. He's 25 and independent and working a good job and living in his own apartment in Denver, Colorado. This was our first Thanksgiving without him since the Lord blessed us with him back in 1984. He couldn't make it home due to work. But, thankfully, his boss had him over to his house for a family Thanksgiving dinner. I do so appreciate that. I was imagining a frozen dinner sitting in front of the computer or television.

We sure are looking forward to seeing him at Christmas. We're proud of him but I'm just not loving this 2000 miles away thing. Ah well, the Lord knew I would need some distraction this year and gave me the most precious baby granddaughter. I loved watching her sample her first bit of pumpkin pie. Thank you to the best, most loving daughter in the world for sharing her today with me. A truly good day.
(and just 29 days until Christmas)

Thankful to the Lord,

No comments: