Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy News from a Good Friend

My friend and former co-worker just got engaged today! This means a lot to me because we have had many a deep talk about "the one", "God has the right wife for you", "be patient", "keep praying and waiting", etc, etc. Chris is almost 29 years old and has done what was very hard. He's been patient and has waited for God's best for him. I'm so happy that we'll get to see a wedding this year. We used to tease Chris that we'd be coming down the aisle on walkers whenever he "finally" got married. He put up with the teasing good-naturedly.

He's a great young man who has a lot to offer his future wife. He does beautiful work as a wedding videographer and photographer. He did my daughter's wedding and will be taking pics soon of my granddaughter for her first birthday. He has a tender heart and wants to do what the Lord wills for his life.

When he worked with us at the church, we had such fun. He was like a son that we picked on and teased. But he had revenge many times. We work in a basement area with dark halls. Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how many times he scared us to death sneaking up on us. One time he actually used a bullhorn. Whoa!! Then came the day that my friend Cheryl and I decided to get him back. He was working up in the orchestra pit and we came in the back of the church and got down on our hands and knees crawling through the pews. We started meowing like cats as we got closer to him. Making complete fools of ourselves. Of course, by the time we got near him, he had disappeared...never knew what we were doing. We never really were able to scare him. I guess we'll let him off the hook now and promise not to do anything vengeful at his wedding. God bless you, Chris, and your future wife and your marriage.

No comments: