Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Year's Gone By!









A year ago tonight we were waiting to hear if our daughter was being admitted to the hospital. Got the call and took off. We got there at midnight and after long, quiet hours in the waiting room and the hospital room, we met our little granddaughter around 6 a.m. She was precious to us then but I am amazed at how much more precious to me she is now and how much I love her. I've told many people that she is just pure JOY to me.

Because of the patience and love of my daughter and son-in-law, I've been able to spend many hours with the baby. I've played with her at the beach, gone to the park in the autumn, watched her play near her Christmas tree, enjoyed her reaction to her first snowflakes, and now about to celebrate her first birthday!

I'm so thankful and blessed to have experienced this year. I look forward to more.
Happy birthday, sweet girlie.

No comments: