Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Business

Wednesdays...sometimes they do me in, sometimes revive me, make me happy, make me exhausted. Driving early...6:30 a.m. to work in the dark and rain. And next week I'll be driving home in the dark because of time change. Not looking forward to that.  But I have a job, a job that I love, so I'm thankful.  Maybe with the election going the way it did, there will be more optimism about things and the economy will improve. Let's pray so.

So into work, no one there. Just me and quiet halls. I like it that way...I can think and pray and get stuff done.  Then people come and off we go....getting ready for choir and orchestra which involves over 100 people. Getting ready for Sunday worship which affects 1000 or more people.  I pray for my boss as he sits and plans worship for 3 weeks from now.  It's amazing how the music fits the day even 3 weeks ahead. He prays...and plans accordingly.

Then to lunch. We are a close staff and celebrate birthdays regularly.  Today we celebrated four at the Cheesecake Factory.  Four very different and necessary people.  Our resident comedian, our very talented pianist, our amazing soloist, and our busy orchestra director/IT man who couldn't come because he had to fix the email server at church. We laughed a lot and ate too much.


Enjoying each other's company away from work!


Back to work, setting up for all the different choirs meeting in the afternoon and evening, answering phones, putting in prayer request cards, running errands, setting up appointments, returning emails, and putting words in screens for Christmas concerts.  Taking a break to eat some Godiva chocolate cheesecake! That was nice. Then on to choir rehearsal. Singing pretty much non-stop for an hour and a half....and loving it.  Out the door at 8 and home by 8:40.  Warm, cozy robe, sipping some ginger ale, ready for bed.  Up and at a more leisurely day tomorrow. 


No comments: